Day 364; Footnotes Busy, Busy, So Much to Do, So Much Done

I do believe I got a good start.

Yesterday I took down and packed away all of the inside decorations. I did not however get the boxes moved to the storage building. Today, I was sitting here trying to decide exactly what I was going to fill my day doing. After my son had came in for lunch and returned to work, I decided to get to work.
I did something that I had long avoided. I cleared out my closet, well, part of it anyway. Clothing that had been left hanging even as I knew many were worn out and even had rips and tears. I tossed many things, but the closet is still packed more than it should be. Once that was cleared up, I moved forward.

I emptied an old filing cabinet. Tossing papers that should have been gotten rid of years ago. Some could be thrown away, some is in a box to be used to help start fires if and when the weather cools down enough to need a fire. We moved the filing cabinet out of the house and ready to be hauled away.
I moved all of the boxes of decorations to the building, making multiple trips being I wasn’t going to try and haul too many at a time. I got them in the building and stacked carefully. I got it closed up securely leaving only the box for the outside decorations needing to be stored away. I will probably take the lights down after the first of the year sometime.

Item after item was removed from the house and into a designated place. Whether it was to be stored or hauled away. Tomorrow the clearing away will continue. There is no sense in hanging onto things that are no longer needed, wanted, used or even in good shape.  After today alone, I could have sworn that once so much had been carried out, the house breathed a sigh of relief.

I had our evening meal ready not long after my son got in from work, but he must have had another one of those days as he was asleep not long after getting home. It will be here should he wake up. My hope is that he doesn’t do the same thing in the morning that he did this morning. I was sleeping so well when a sound interrupted my sleep. As I slowly awakened, I was hearing a noise that made no sense. I knew the weather prognosticator had said we were in for storms, somewhere in my mind I was thinking it was a storm. It was too drawn out to be thunder, so what was it? Not a tornado surely. It wasn’t. It was my son playing some video game. He didn’t realize how loud it was. The minute he saw he had woke me he dropped the volume a lot.

As this day winds down here, less than an hour is left, I am enjoying the quiet. The dark of the night wrapping around the house, bringing a secure feeling. Knowing that I managed a good bit today physically helps me emotionally. It proves I can. With each step forward, there is progress.

About rebecca s revels

A writer, a photographer, a cancer survivor. An adventurer of the mild kind, a lover of the simple pleasures such as long walks and chocolate. A Christian unashamed of my faith and a friend who is dependable and will encourage readily. Author of three self published books with more waiting to find their way to paper. An advocate of good things, a fighter against wrongs.
This entry was posted in encouragement, faith, family, inspiration, life's journey, memories, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.