Footnotes of Day Four, Let the Weirdness Commence

 It started out normal enough, mom needing a ride to the bank and then that big box store. My son rode along so I’d take him by a fast food place for lunch. As long as I got a free lunch out of it, sure why not. It was while they were in the bank that I realized I had not only forgotten my phone, but my glasses as well. Now I wear contacts so driving was fine, I just couldn’t have passed the time scrolling through social sites on that phone that I had also forgotten.

After they left the bank, we headed just up the road to my son’s favorite fast food place. I hate going through the drive through, but he told me he would order from the backseat. We pull up, he places his order to find out he would have to accept sweet tea as the drink machine was down. He was fine with it so we pulled up to the window. It was barely lunch time so we had to wait a bit. The good thing was that everything was good and hot.

Once lunch was purchased we headed back to the house. One to drop off my son and two to pick up my forgotten stuff. Then, the day got stranger. 

We arrived at the big box only to have my phone start ringing. Dear ole dad was calling. That was unsettling because he never calls. I hoped it was just to remind mom not to forget his cookies. Instead it was to tell me that he had taken his dog for a walk and saw two big black dogs running loose and wanted to check on mine. Um, I’m miles away. But, my son was home, so I called him, he checked, both our dogs were safe. I asked him to call his grandpa and let him know.

Then mom and I headed into the wild and wacky world of the big box store. Weirdness magnified, we actually found everything on this trip. Well, we did have to take a substitute of sorts with a couple of them. Still the same manufacturer, just option B instead of option A. It works though and we weren’t going home empty handed. I even tossed in a bag of peanut m&m’s for my son just because. 

Once I got home my son decided to finally go check on getting his camper registered. Only he doesn’t have all his paperwork. He’s unhappy and I promised to make a call for him tomorrow and see what I can find out. 

While he was gone, I heard sirens on the main road. They stopped suddenly. Then I heard a second siren and it stopped suddenly. Very close by. When I walked to the door to look out, I watched as police vehicle after police vehicle pulled down the road from a couple different divisions. Then three paramedic vehicles. More police came in and disappeared down the road. Later the crime van went down. After it grew dark I have seen other vehicles go down that I couldn’t identify. The paramedics weren’t around too long, I’m still not sure all the police have left, but I’m not going anywhere near where this went down. I’m safe and content right here.

  We managed to break the window in a storm door that is probably as old as this room. I’m wondering if it would just be easier to replace the door. As it is, I’m feeling a tad claustrophobic since I can’t open the big door now. Oh I could, but it would be really cold in this room. At least we got all the glass we could find cleaned up and dumped in the trash receptacle. 

I called a place I was told about to check on getting health insurance, but I missed the open enrollment window. Go figure. I’m honestly not sure I can afford it anyway. When comparing what I owe to what I’m bringing in through social security. I just don’t think I can stretch it that far. Okay, I know I can’t. it is what it is. Health insurance or groceries..Eating wins out. I can be careful, take care, eat decent, exercise, and hope my health holds out.

 So it was a really weird day. I still don’t know for sure what brought all the police down a relatively quiet, dead end, dirt  road. But my family is safe and that is important. I hope and pray that everyone involved is or will be okay. I hope I can find out tomorrow, what is going on with that paperwork my son needs. I guess making it to day four before the weird began is pretty good.

I realize that I am ending this day with the same word that I began it with- hope. And I do have hope, that even with the weird, life is good, and everything will work out as it should.

About rebecca s revels

A writer, a photographer, a cancer survivor. An adventurer of the mild kind, a lover of the simple pleasures such as long walks and chocolate. A Christian unashamed of my faith and a friend who is dependable and will encourage readily. Author of three self published books with more waiting to find their way to paper. An advocate of good things, a fighter against wrongs.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.